Hasso Plattner Institute
As a doctoral student at the HPI, I am working on a project aimed at developing a predictive approach to detecting complications after surgeries in collaboration with Berlin’s biggest hospital, the Charité. The challenge I face is to combine multiple data sources and employ different AI/ML techniques to get a risk assessment for doctors to increase the survival rate.
Master in Data Science
EIT Digital Master School, TU Eindhoven & TU Berlin, with Honours
The EIT Digital Master programme is a selective double degree Master of Science focused on combining technical knowledge and innovation at two renowned European Technical Universities. I studied at Eindhoven University of Technology in the period of 2019-2020 and at the Technical University of Berlin during 2020-2021. This programme includes a minor in entrepreneurship and innovation and is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (which is part of the EU).
- GPA – 8.5 [4.0/4.0] (Cum Laude) 151 ECTS
- Thesis “A Semi-automated Training Data Generation Approach with the Human-in-the-Loop.” at the Database Systems and Information Management Group of TU Berlin
- Under supervision of Prof. Volker Markl, Dr. Jorge-Arnulfo Quiané-Ruiz, Dr. Francesco Ventura & Dr. Zoi Kaoudi
- Within the Agora Ecosystem and based on the DataFarm System
- Including two peer-reviewed publications at A* conferences
- Awarded the EIT Digital Excellence Scholarship
- Participant of the Honors Academy at TU/e: Honours programme of 20 ECTS for Personal Leadership
- Including courses: Advanced Algorithms, Cloud Computing, Discrete Event Systems, Speech Analysis, Scalable Data Science, Statistical Learning Theory, Advanced Statistics, Visualization, Data Mining, Data Engineering, Process Mining and Technology Entrepreneurship
- With Innovation Space Project in interdisciplinary team for Signify (Philips Lighting), Cyclomedia and the TU/e Intelligent Lighting Institute
- Selected for the Semi-Professional Race Rowing team at E.S.R Thêta
Bachelor of Computer Science
Utrecht University, with Honours
During my time at Utrecht University, I have developed skills for problem solving and reasoning. I have taken many different courses in Computer Science and other disciplines.
- GPA – 8.28, [4.0/4.0] (Cum Laude) 218.5 ECTS
- Descartes Honours Programme (30 ECTS): Focused on broad academic development through lectures from prominent figures in society and projects with students from other disciplines
- Minor in Mathematics
- Including courses: Data Analysis and Retrieval, Algorithms, Intelligent Systems, Computational Intelligence, Optimisation & Complexity, Concurrency, Graphics, Functional Programming and Data-structures
- Bachelor software project in automated medical reporting with semantic interpretation
- Commissioned by the Care2Report project (Department of Computer Science, Utrecht University)
- Led a group of 10 students
- Co-author of the “The Care2Report System: Automated Medical Reporting as an Integrated Solution to Reduce Administrative Burden in Healthcare” paper, written with the department of Computer Science, presented at the HICSS-53 conference.
🎲 Miscellaneous Education
- UX Design Certificate, 2020-2021, TechLabs Digital Shaper Program
- Big Data Analytics Summer School, 2020, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Education Assistant Training, 2018 , Faculty of Social Sciences, Utrecht University
- Academic Writing Training, 2018, Skills Lab, Utrecht University
Best Demonstration Paper Award
Received “Best Demonstration” Award from IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE). Elaboration of the jury: “The award committee members have chosen your demonstration unanimously both based on the relevance of the problem, the high potential of the proposed approach and the excellent presentation.”
Finalist at the Bionnale Speed Lecture Award
I was a finalist at the Bionnale 2022 Speed Lecture Award. Here I presented my doctoral research topic with the topic: “Dr. Droid and the Curious Case of Complication Prevention”. The presentation focused on communicating the possibilities and challenges of predicting post-surgery complications using hetereogeneous patient data. The presentation was recorded and can be viewed here
Honors Academy Master
Selected for the Honors Academy Master: a program consisting of 20 ECTS where you orient yourself in your professional career and choose your own program of professional development.
EIT Digital Excellence Scholarship
Awarded the highest scholarship for the selective Dual Degree MSc Data Science (with minor in entrepreneurship) at the TU Eindhoven and TU Berlin.
Faculty Member at the Hasso Plattner Institute Digital Health Center
Responsible for supervising Master Theses, Master Projects and grading of individual students. Performing Scientific Data Analysis and Data Engineering for the Charité Academic Hospital.
Research Assistent at German Institute of Artificial Intelligence (DFKI)
Worked on the Agora project, an open platform bringing together data, algorithms, models and computational resources.
Ambassador of the EIT Digital Master School
Representative of my Master School where I organise events, answer questions from prospective students and represent the master school in several capacities.
Education assistant for the Science Faculty of Utrecht University
Reviewed and graded code, diagrams and documentation. I developed teaching and organisational skills.
- Managed a class of 60 students and assisted with their practical assignments
- Supervised finals with 300 participants
Organisation committee study excursion
Organised an educational exchange to Sofia of the Descartes Honours Programme
- Organised educational activities for 35 students and 3 supervisors
- Developed parts of the programme curriculum and managed university funds
Machine learning, Statistics, Linear algebra, Statistical learning, Software
SCRUM, Scientific & Creative writing, Scientific presenting, Entrepreneurial pitching, Design Thinking, Chairing meetings, Leading teams
- Dutch - Native
- English - Fluently - Cambridge University (2016) CPE CEFR C2 level
- German - Professional - TU Berlin (2021) CEFR C1 level
- 🚣 Rowing
- 🚴♂️Race Biking
- 🎸Playing Guitar and Drums